Sunday, 11 March 2012

How much is your face worth?

Hey everyone, just a quick update before I get into today's post... I have great news! A really amazing hair and beauty salon local to me have said they would like to take me on as a beauty therapist apprentice in September! So I will also be starting my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy at that time! Words can't describe how pleased I am! I will finally be able to go down the career route I have been dreaming about :) but anyway back to the post ha..

So I have decided to do a 'How much is your face worth?' post as I think it is quite important to realise how much money you are actually spending on cosmetics which you wear everyday - plus it also shows how much money all these cosmetics brands are making!

I've taken a photo (below) of all the product that I use every day, and it's only when I took the photo that I realised how much junk I am putting on my face daily :/ maybe this will help reduce the amount of makeup we wear? (probably not).

List of products that I use:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Wash
Nivea Oil-Free Moisturising Day Cream
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
Maybelline Super Stay 24h Concealer - Light
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW15
E.L.F Flawless Finish Foundation - Sand
MAC Studio Fix Powder - NW20
MAC Transparent Finishing Powder
MAC Shimmer Blush - Trace Gold
MAC Eyeshadow - Mulch
MAC Eyeshadow - All That Glitters
MAC Eyeshadow - Short Shorts
MAC Plush Lash
Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil - Taupe
MAC Brow Set
Nivea Hydro Care Lipbalm (Not in photo)
Too Faced Lip Insurance
MAC Lipstick - Cremecup

So this lot comes to a staggering £218.01 (why the .01?! haha) and I think it is fair to say that is a ridiculous amount of money on products which will be used quickly :( puts it into perspective though, I will definitely start using the products less. If you include the cost of brushes it then comes to £344.01.. Good lord! I'd like to see everyone else's 'How much is your face worth' posts so let me know!! I didn't know people were allowed to have this many essentials haha. Speak to you all soon xxx  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...