Saturday, 31 March 2012

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in Ivory Review, Before & After shots :)

Hey everyone :) hope you all are well! Today's post is going to be on Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation in shade Ivory. I have had this on my makeup desk for some time, and hadn't really used it since I bought it for whatever reason. I bought it for £7.99 at Boots :)

I've been wearing this for about 3 weeks now and I really do think it's great! As I'm quite pale and got the lightest shade which is Ivory, I was worried that it might turn out to be a bit orangey as it looks a bit dark in the bottle, but I can positively say I am far from orange ha thank god :) I find that the best way to apply it is by using a foundation brush, I love using the MAC 190 but you can buy alternatives at places like Boots or Superdrug but they are still quite pricey - link 

The foundation feels really lightweight on the skin and doesn't get dry after a couple hours like some foundations do. I only need one pump and that covers my whole face with ease. It blends really well into the skin and I'd say it gives me a confident medium coverage, but I always top it with MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC20 which works best for me and gives me a great full coverage (along with concealer under the eyes)

I think this foundation gives my face a better whole colour, as I have fairly red cheeks :( so I have a better skin tone. Some people may not like this but I personally like a foundation that makes my face one colour so I can then use blushes/bronzers/highlighters etc to play around with!

I can't believe I'm showing you this haha!

























In the photo shown above of me with the foundation I have moisturiser and primer on so it applies a lot easier, I also have a cheeky bit of concealer under my eyes before the foundation. I'd give it a good 8.5/10 as I think they could do a few more shades to suite people better. I'd love to know if anyone else has tried this? And what do you think of it? I hope you all have a great day xxx

7 comments:

  1. This foundation is a perfect match for you xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This foundation looks great on you. I can never find the perfect one.

    Amy
    okayeamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you find the perfect match some day - I'm sure you will ha :) xx

      Delete
  3. I also really like this foundation! Think it's great for the price!

    Thankyou for your comment and following my blog :)

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That foundation matches your skin shade so well! I wish I wasn't so white so it wasn't as hard to find one!

    Thank you for sharing

    www.beyouforever.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl you have amazing skin even without the foundation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...