Saturday, 30 June 2012

How to: Clean your makeup brushes!

Hey everyone! I hope you are all good in the hood haha. Unfortunately I have a massive crack down my laptop screen hence why I haven't been blogging for a couple days - bad and expensive times my lovers! So I thought I'd show you all how I clean my brushes, it's the way which works amazingly for me but others may not like the results, everyone has their own preferences! :)

I got James to take the photos for me whilst I was cleaning them so I apologise for the off-colour shots haha. I will take you through my proses through the photos :)


Firstly, put a good sized blob of a basic shampoo or one for dry to normal hair onto a plate, I used Loreal Elvive Nutrigloss Crystal shampoo, as it's just an all round good one! It's also sparkly so that's always a plus point ha :) put the whole brush into the shampoo and then dab ever so slightly into some olive oil.


Swill the brush into the palm of your hand (or all over!) until you can see the residue product is near enough fully off the brush. You can tell this by the shampoo going a slightly off colour as it'll be mucky mmm nice haha.


Now rinse the brush under lukewarm water, not hot water as you don't want the inner glue on your brushes to loosen up = lots of fallout! Whilst under the tap you should carry on doing the swirling motion on your hand (with the shampoo already washed off.) You will be able to tell when the brush is fully clean when there is no more bubbles (shampoo) coming out of the brush.


And vwala!! Your brushes are clean and smooth! I then leave them placed on a towel (as pictured above) overnight and shape them correctly. They will be dry by the morning so ready for use! This is honestly the best method I have done! I would suggest to skip out the olive oil step on synthetic fibre brushes (e.g. concealer brushes) as it could end up making them a tad greasy which is so not reem, but it works fabulously on the real hair.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and the photos courtesy of James, I'd love to hear your methods of cleaning brushes but I do recommend giving them a good clean like this once a week to keep them in top form! If I want to give a brush a quick clean then I just use MAC Brush Cleanser. Lots of love!! xox

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could have so many brushes like you. Thanks for the tip on how to wash make up brushes.

    fromheadtoheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are my babies haha! xox

      Delete
  2. You have quite the mac brush collection, you should do a post on your most recommended mac brushes. I would definitely see what you would choose. Love your blog btw, just followed !

    - Alma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I will most definitely do a post on that soon :) xox

      Delete
  3. Great detailed post! Makes me wanna go clean my brushes now :)

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate cleaning my brushes... it takes sooooo long... I always dread it lol. Great post though :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...