Wednesday, 11 July 2012

MAC Matte

Evening! Firstly, I'm not too keen on the name of MAC Matte... I just think it's so unimaginative and boring, but I guess that's me being picky! haha. Anyway! Lets get started... 
I bought this product a couple months ago now and haven't really had much intention of using it and it certainly isn't one of my 'daily must haves'. I originally got it as I thought it would be a great primer for my T-zone area as I struggle with oily/combination skin, and I've heard people rave about this product before, but it definitely works better for some more than others.

The first method of using this product is by using a eye blending brush I applied it onto my t-zone buffing it into the skin, then straight away applying my foundation. At first it makes your skin feel super smooth, but almost greasy, which isn't very good as I wanted something to help reduce the shine on my skin!

My second method of using this product was to use it as a primer on my lips - which I will carry on doing so! It gives a really great smooth base and I find that my lip products actually DO last longer. You can do the same on your eyelids before applying eye shadow.

It is a gel like consistency and buffs well into the skin, making foundation easier to apply. It does mattify your face when you apply but it's not great longwear throughout the day. I'll definitely be using up this tube but won't continue to apply to my face as I feel it really doesn't do anything for it, and for the price of £14 I probably won't be repurchasing :( but to cheer things up, have a picture of my pouting face with MAC Matte as a base!! Has anyone else tried this product? Lots of love xox

7 comments:

  1. you look so pretty Mimi! what lipstick are you wearing bbz? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! It's MAC Naughty Saute lipstick with Urban Decay Andromeda gloss on the top :) xox

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of MAC's products other than their makeup because I think they're pretty expensive and I'd be a bit disappointed if they didn't work! It does seem like a nice primer for lips though! xx

    http://paintpotted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment:) I'd definitely suggest to stick to just the makeup! Yeah it's so depressing when you buy a product and it doesn't work... such a let down ha xox

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for a mattifying primer you should check out La Roche-Posay Effaclar K. It has more minimizing and exfoliating ingredients that add extra benefit to your skin. I have really been enjoying it and i definitely notice a difference when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...